Best Free software for programmers and web authors.
The Cyclic Gallery CD-ROM contains CVS, Aegis, SCCS, tkCVS and cvsweb (user interfaces to CVS), autoconf
(software portability tool), and much more.
We have web pages concerning the packages on the CD-ROM:
The Cyclic Gallery packages are also available for free download (linux/windows).
Configuration Management Tools
- RCS, automake, and libtool would be part of the packaged
Cyclic Gallery except they are already included with Red Hat Linux
itself (and probably most Linux distributions).
- RCS - simpler version
control tool which operates on one file at a time.
- Automake/libtool -
companions to autoconf.
- Our contributors from http://deerbe.com/ and
http://uhrerbe.com/ are also developing some Tools for PRCS and Aegis in Germany.
- GNATS is a bug-tracking
system with graphical, emacs, command line, and web user interfaces.
It also has a client/server protocol so several sites can access a
single bug database.
- Other Configuration Management Tools.
- GCC compiler for C and C++.
- FORTRAN compilers.
- Emacs editor/environment.
- Vi editor.
- Perl scripting language.
- Tcl scripting language.
Web Authoring Tools
CVS v1.12.12 Manual
2. The Repository
3. Starting a project with CVS
5. Branching and merging
6. Recursive behavior
7. Adding, removing, and renaming files and directories
8. History browsing
9. Handling binary files
10. Multiple developers
11. Revision management
12. Keyword substitution
13. Tracking third-party sources
14. How your build system interacts with CVS
15. Special Files
A. Guide to CVS commands
B. Quick reference to CVS commands
C. Reference manual for Administrative files
D. All environment variables which affect CVS
E. Compatibility between CVS Versions
H. Dealing with bugs in CVS or this manual